Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm not sure you can get AIDS by burning down your house, but I get your point

So it was a weekend for the ages.

Seriously, I went to horse racing. And not like stand down in the stands (aka steerage) but sit up in the boxes. I really wanted to wear some seersucker and put on a straw hat and sip mint juleps, but I don't own either of those items, and me and whiskey isn't the greatest combination with my mental state. Not that I'm crazy, you internet people.

I guess the biggest surprise(?) was the usual, ex situation. I just don't understand how to separate the physical from the emotional. Did I miss a class or lesson about that during man school? Seriously, that's like one of the tenets of being male. Thou must have guilt-free emotionless sex. It comes right before Thou must look, but not touch, thy friend's sister and right after Thou shalt drink copiously. I definitely fulfilled that last commandment, because drinking Malibu out of the bottle straight seemed like a good way to chase a really nice bottle of wine. I think the coconut really highlighted the flavors of the grapes.

On a slightly cheerier note, I played my second round of golf in 15 years, and didn't completely embarrass myself or my grandfather (Reid II who taught me). On 17 (Par 3, 182 yards) first shot put me onto the green within 5 yards of the pin. Basically felt like a bad ass. Which is ironic, because I was playing golf.

This week is dedicated to attempting to figure out exactly what I want out of this week. Seriously, if I go any more into my head, I'm thinking I'll find Fraggles.

So, internet people (or person, lets be honest about this), I will leave you with not just a movie quote, but also a TV quote. Crazy, I know, but don't worry, it isn't precedent. First, a line from Senator Jay Billington Bulworth (from the movie Bulworth):

"You know, there's a lesson here, which is never try to make life or death decisions when you're feeling suicidal."

And the second, well, you should figure it out:

"Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock."

No comments:

Post a Comment