Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I live and die for hip hop, this is hip hop for today

Oh man, I am sore. They (those mythical people who are just supposed to show up and give you heads ups like "hey, she has a penis" or "no, you aren't faster than that car") never explained that stretching on a regular basis actually might have some long-term benefits. Namely the ability to walk and not limp along with groin pain. Although, considering how little I've actually used my groin, or anything connected to it recently, I think I'll survive. Fencing really is helping me focus and get out of my mind. It's not easy, but it's simple. Advance, retreat, thrust, lunge, reform, etc. Obviously I have years to go to actually be good, but it's really easy to lose myself in going back and forth. Thrust, parry, retreat, lunge.

I thought I had something poignant to say, but really, I'm just rambling now about nothing, so I'm going to leave you with a little back and forth from Say Anything:

"Lloyd, why do you have to be like this?
-Cause I'm a guy. I have pride.
You're not a guy.
-I am.
No. The world is full of guys. Be a man. Don't be a guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment